Footer Widget #1

Monday, November 23, 2009

Art Show CANCELED

I'm sorry to have to say that we will not be able to continue with the art show. I was thrilled with the idea of donating all my pieces of art to charity, as well as having a fun night for all who wanted to join me. Unfortunatly, there was not much interest in the event. With less than two weeks to go, our guest list has barely surpassed 20 people. Without two or three hundred people attending I will not be able to cover the cost of everything as well as generate any money to donate. Again, I'm sorry I didn't do a better job of getting the word out and selling tickets, but I tried and it just isn't going to happen right now.

I would really like to thank all the different media sources supporting me for the event. Everyone I've worked with has been extremely helpful and I really appreciate it. Special thanks to the Ritz in Tysons Corner for putting up with all my shannagans, you guys have been great to work with and it means a ton. I would also like to say thanks again to Jordana and BJ with the Redskins for working so well with me. You guys are amazing!

Finally, I would love to have this event be a success in the future. I'm not sure if it was bad timing or what, so I will try again for this event some time next year. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment